The Guess Who book series is the first children’s book series to be designated as part of the Soaringwords Book Club where children read the books and then are invited to make SoaringRiddles to donate to hospitalized children.
The author and Mascot Publishers are proud to cooperate in a program to Buy One, Give One to motivate consumers to purchase an extra set of books to donate to a hospitalized child (Press Release). To purchase your book click here.
Create a SoaringRiddle
Riddles are questions or statements phrased to tell its answer and they are usually presented as a game. Riddles are like puzzles and they ask the question: What am I? Many people enjoy riddles because they are fun to tell and even more fun to figure out! The riddle you make will be shared with a child in a hospital to bring laughter and joy to them!
1) What is black and white and red all over?
A panda bear with a sunburn.
2) Why do hummingbirds hum?
Because they forgot the words!
3) How do bees get to school?
By school buzz!
4) Why did the turkey cross the road twice?
To prove he wasn’t chicken!
5) Knock Knock!
No they don’t, cows go “moo!”
Here’s How to Get Started:
- Pick an animal that you want to be your answer (like a dog or dinosaur).
- What does your animal do? What does your animal look like? Write these ideas down.
- Draft your riddle. Try reading it to a friend to see if it makes sense. You can re-word it and try again!
- Share your riddle with friends and family!
- Use the SoaringBorder to write and decorate your riddle.
- Fold your border to make a book. (When printing the border press “two-sided copy”.)
- Do make sure your words are legible and neat, so that the Riddle can be easily read. Your riddle may end up on our website!
- Do use darker colors for the words and bright colors for your picture.
- Don’t write “Get Well Soon” or “Feel Better” because these messages can make an ill kid feel sad.
- You can give your riddle to someone who is ill. Or, you can mail it to Soaringwords and we will share it with a hospitalized child.