Hello. Welcome to Soaringwords.
Since 2001, Soaringwords has hosted 300 bright, hard-working, enthusiastic, and talented fellows and interns.
You are invited to join us for an amazing VIRTUAL internship experience (with flexible hours and scheduling) that will change many lives, including your own. You have the opportunity to be part of Soaringwords, a successful and vibrant not-for-profit organization devoted to helping ill children, families, and adults take active roles in self-healing.
You have the opportunity to be part of a successful and vibrant not-for-profit organization devoted to helping ill children and families heal. If you have passion, creativity, energy and the desire to make valuable contributions to a small team during your internship, then we want you to be a part of our success.
We have many college students and graduate students who receive credit for their internships. We also are accepting Year-long GAP year interns who want to get valuable life skills prior to pursuing medical school, post-doctorate studies.
Soaringwords’ mission is to inspire ill children, families, and adults to take active roles in self-healing. Soaringwords is unique as it is the only organization to motivate people grappling with illness and challenges to pay-it-forward to help others. When a person does something kind for an ill child, it accelerates their transformative healing. To date, Soaringwords has inspired more than 500,000 children, families, and adults to take active roles towards healing through proprietary expressive projects and Positive Psychology interventions. Soaringwords is a 501C3 not-for-profit organization. Click here for the Soaringwords Infographic.
Sample Soaringwords Videos:
The Value of High Quality Connections with Dr. Jane Dutton: http://www.soaringwords.org/jane-dutton-and-high-quality-connections/
The Power of Passion and Perseverance with Angela Duckworth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lCtg-hUwQ
Zumba video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1FRC8LvzU
How You Will Be Spending Your Time.
Skills-based contributions include the following priority areas:
- We have recorded a brand-new SOARING into Strength Positive Health Video and Podcast series with leading experts including Tom Rath (New York Times and Wall Street Journal #1 best-selling author on strengths and Move. Sleep); Kristin Neff the world’s expert on Self-Compassion; Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor (My Stroke of Insight) whose TED Talk has been seen by 25 million people; best-selling author Chip Conley (Wisdom @ Work; and Emotional Equations); and Tal Ben-Shahar, one of the top experts on Happiness. We are seeking Videographers/editors for videos and podcasts. We are looking for capable interns to lead production/editing of live video sessions and also to be able to edit Zoom platform video content. We are also looking for interns with strong writing skills, researching ability to assist in script development customized for each featured Positive Psychology expert we will interview.
- Research for Positive Psychology content that will be shared with pediatric patients, their families, and healthcare professionals (nursing students and nurses; medical school students, residents, physicians) and hospital staff.
- Social media support – posting and commenting on Soaringwords content on blogs, FB, Instagram, Twitter and other social media outlets. Market intelligence/analysis on other not-for-profit social media presence/content. Being part of the team that strategizes about Soaringwords social media brand.
- Graphic designers/artists to create social media posts, Soaringwords workshop layouts, and artwork for healing tools to share with children in hospitals
- Working on grants: research and writing and editing. Helping secure donations from leading companies, foundations, individuals and government grants.
- Working with leading companies for funding from employee-engagement programs and funding from corporate foundations: research and sending out requests for meetings.
- Working with Lisa on the publication of her first book: SOARING into Strength. Interns will help to secure cover quotations from prominent authors, social media/crowd sourcing campaign to pre-sell books. Soaringwords Book Club: creating videos with leading authors to promote books on resilience, courage and positive topics to a Soaringwords audience.
- Working with Soaringwords team to secure more hospital partners. Research and follow up with hospital executives to secure meetings for funding/collaboration.
- Special events. Work with Soaringwords team to do viral and in-person friend-raising/fund-raising events.
- Mentor Inner-city Children at Soaringwords Programs. Help lead fun in-school, after-school, camp, and hospital sessions that boost self-esteem as these children learn the power of “paying it forward” and giving to others using poetry, fables, artwork, super heroes, and other fun and creative projects.
- Soaringwords’ Empirical Research Study with patients at the Lincoln Medical Center in the South Bronx. Located at 149th Street on the Grand Concourse, Lincoln Medical Center is easy to get to from the subway. Students will be part of the team measuring how an expressive arts intervention and a customized dance class impact pediatric patient well-being. We are submitting the findings for publication in a leading scientific journal.
You will learn about working in a professional office making contributions to the Soaringwords Team. You will work directly with the Soaringwords team to support the daily projects. No two days are the same, you’ll never be bored! Utilize the skills you have and learn new skills that will make a difference to Soaringwords and all the children, families and volunteers we serve.
If you are interested in joining our team please Download Application, fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. as soon as possible. We will contact you to set up a phone or in person interview. We look forward to having you on our team.
Lisa Honig Buksbaum, CEO & Founder, Soaringwords