Hello. Welcome to Soaringwords.
Since Soaringwords started, we have hosted 225 bright, hard-working, enthusiastic, and talented interns. You are invited to join us for an amazing internship experience that will change many lives, including your own. We have shared hands-on Soaringwords programs with more than 250,000 children and families and 150,000 volunteers in 30 states and 15 countries.
You have the opportunity to be part of a successful and vibrant not-for-profit organization devoted to helping millions of ill children and families heal. Visit our website www.soaringwords.org to learn more about us. If you have passion, creativity, energy, excellent follow-through and the desire to make valuable contributions to a small and talented team during your internship, then we want you to be a part of our success. Infographic: bit.ly/1QmdXVh
Timing is everything.
We are now accepting interns for Fall, 2019 and Winter, Spring and Summer, 2020. We have many college students and graduate students who receive credit for their internships. We also are accepting Year-long GAP year interns who want to get valuable life skills prior to pursuing medical school, post-doctorate studies. We also have openings for adults wanting to make a career change or jump back into work after a long hiatus. Click here for GAP year application. Please note on your application when you want to start.
If you are interested in joining a team of researchers who will field Soaringwords’ empirical research study with 500 patients at the Lincoln Medical Center in the South Bronx, and other NYC hospitals please fill out the following application. For more information, email email@example.com.
Soaringwords’ mission is to inspire ill children and their families to take active roles in self-healing. Each year, 22 million children in the U.S. suffer from chronic or serious illness. Soaringwords is unique as it is the only organization to motivate ill children and families to “pay it forward’ to help others. When a child does something kind for another child, it accelerates their transformative healing. Soaringwords’ vision is to become the leading resource and destination for ill children and children with disabilities, their families and the extended community, helping them to experience that “the power to heal” already resides inside each of them.
Sample Soaringwords Videos:
The Power of Passion and Perseverance with Angela Duckworth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lCtg-hUwQ
Incorporating Positivity and Love into each Day with Dr. Barbara Fredrickson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeIvfEPiA5g
The Value of High Quality Connections with Dr. Jane Dutton: http://www.soaringwords.org/jane-dutton-and-high-quality-connections/
Making Hope Happen with Dr. Shane Lopez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3ZvG-Z0vg&list=UUyHKInAKuBjYf6btpLMQacg
Zumba video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1FRC8LvzU
How You Will Be Spending Your Time.
Skills-based contributions include the following priority areas:
- Social media support – posting and commenting on Soaringwords content on blogs, FB, Instagram, Twitter and other social media outlets. Market intelligence/analysis on other not-for-profit social media presence/content. Being part of the team that strategizes about Soaringwords social media brand.
- A big priority is to secure coverage for Soaringwords’ first SOARING into Strength Positive Health Summit featuring video and podcasts from 30 of the top Positive Psychology experts in the world. We will launch this initiative in Fall, 2019. Interested in interns with strong writing skills, researching ability to assist in script development customized for each featured expert we will interview. Also seeking capable interns to lead production/editing of Zoom platform video content, and ability to get things done.
- Supporting the Soaringwords + Zumba Fitness = Love for Hospitalized Children initiative. Database management, data entry and follow up with the hundreds of Zumba instructors who are volunteering each month.
- Research for Positive Psychology content for Soaringwords’ workshops that will be shared with pediatric patients, their families, and healthcare professionals (nursing students and nurses; medical school students, residents, physicians) and hospital staff.
- Working on grants: research and writing and editing. Helping secure donations from leading companies, foundations, individuals and government grants.
- Working with leading companies for funding from employee-engagement programs and funding from corporate foundations: research and sending out requests for meetings.
- Working with Lisa on the publication of her first book: SOARING into Strength. Interns will help to secure cover quotations from prominent authors, social media/crowd sourcing campaign to pre-sell books. Soaringwords Book Club: creating videos with leading authors to promote books on resilience, courage and positive topics to a Soaringwords audience.
- Working with Soaringwords team to secure more hospital partners. Research and follow up with hospital executives to secure meetings for funding/collaboration.
- Special events. Work with Soaringwords team to do viral and in-person friend-raising/fund-raising events.
- Mentor Inner-city Children at Soaringwords Programs. Help lead fun in-school, after-school, camp, and hospital sessions that boost self-esteem as these children learn the power of “paying it forward” and giving to others using poetry, fables, artwork, super heroes, and other fun and creative projects.
- Graphic designers/artists to create social media posts, Soaringwords workshop layouts, and artwork for healing tools to share with children in hospitals
You will learn about working in a professional office making contributions to the Soaringwords Team. You will work directly with the Soaringwords team to support the daily projects. No two days are the same, you’ll never be bored! Utilize the skills you have and learn new skills that will make a difference to Soaringwords and all the children, families and volunteers we serve.
If you are interested in joining our team please Download Application, fill it out and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. as soon as possible. We will contact you to set up an online or in person interview. We look forward to having you on our team!
We will follow up with you after we have reviewed your responses. Your answers are extremely important to us. The more honest you are in your responses, the better we can match your strengths and goals to the varied tasks at hand and, the more we can help you grow and achieve your goals. Your responses are held in utmost confidence.