SoaringFrames is a fun activity. Many patients and their friends have made picture frames to decorate their hospital rooms. Or, you can do something special for someone else by making a one of a kind SoaringFrame especially for a child who is ill. Look around and imagine what you could turn into a frame for your special picture or message. Perhaps an empty tissue box, CD case, paper plate or some cardboard can be creatively and lovingly transformed into a unique frame. There are so many creative ways to make and decorate your SoaringFrame. You can decorate your frame with different themes — your favorite hobbies, sports teams, nature or seasons. We have many examples to inspire you. Some great craft supplies to make your picture frame look really cool include: tissue paper, stamps and stickers. You can cut out colorful pictures from magazines or the newspaper or comic books. Depending on the material you use to make your picture frame, you can color or paint or draw on the frame. See more SoaringFrame samples.
CD Box Frame:
1. You will need empty CD box, scissors, sticky tape, glue, decorative craft supplies you have around your house.
2. Empty the CD box from paper and plastic CD holder.
3. Make sure the photo is smaller than the box.
4. Place the photo in the back of the box with the hinged edge at the top. Fix the photo against the plastic with sticky-tape.
5. Find nice craft paper, gift wrap or fun foam to complement your design and cut this to fit snugly behind the photo and to the edges of the frame. Fix with glue or sticky-tape facing into the box. When your frame is finished you will open the box out to stand it up.
6. Now all you need to do is draw a line of glue on the outside edges of the front of the CD box and start decorating! Use whatever you have to hand.
Paper Plate Frame:
1. You will need paper plate, glue, scissors, markers, ribbon, decorative craft supplies you have around your house.
2. Glue your picture in the center of the plate
3. Decorate it with craft supplies, magazine cut outs or colorful paper.
Send us a photo of your SoaringFrame and we will feature it on Soaringwords.org.
Valentine’s Day is celebrated on February 14th and it is a day to express your love to friends and family. For Valentine’s Day you can create a frame from various items you may have around your hospital room or home. Look around and imagine what you could turn into a frame for your special Valentines picture or message. Perhaps an empty tissue box, CD case, paper plate or some cardboard can be creatively and lovingly transformed into a unique frame for your Valentine. See more SoaringFrame samples.
SoaringValentines Frame Materials: A frame or something to create a frame (an empty tissue box, a paper plate, cardboard, a CD case, etc.) Glue & tape Decorative materials such as markers, feathers, felt, sequins, pictures, ribbon, yarn, buttons, sea shells, foam shapes, wrapping paper, magazines, comic books, etc. A photograph or a hand made card to put in your frame for your Valentine.
1. Create a frame using found materials. Remember, your frame can be big or small, square, round or oddly shaped.
2. Decorate and personalize your frame by gluing fun and meaningful things to it.
3. Paste or tape a photo, drawing or message for your Valentine in the frame.
After You Finish Your SoaringValentines Frame: Give to your Valentine, repeat and give again! Happy Valentine’s Day!