A mom who could not get her son to eat breakfast used healthy foods to make funny faces on his plate. He loved it and then started to eat a healthy breakfast every day!
Do you want to be stronger? Have more energy? How do we become stronger? Good nutrition is just one of the many things that makes us strong and have more energy. We can also be healthier if we move our bodies daily, like with sports, dance or running! What can I do to be healthier today? These are great questions to ask ourselves when we want to be the best we can be.
The SoaringNutrition activity will engage you to be creative with healthy foods and learn new fun facts about nutrition to share with your friends and family!
Eat the Rainbow SoaringNutrition Activity
Let’s decorate our plates with colorful fruits and vegetables, but in a creative way like the mom did for her son!
- Paper plate
- Cut outs of fruits and vegetables
- Glue stick
- Use as many fruits and vegetables cut outs as you want. Can you remember what color fruits help our eyes or our memory function better?
- Take your plate and use the crayons to color the borders.
- Use the healthy fruits and vegetable cut outs to create a funny face, an animal, a word or natural scenery. Check out our library of funny faces or use your imagination!
- Paste the fruits and vegetable cut outs to create your picture!
- Your finished product should be covered with fruits and vegetables.
Share what you learned today with your friends and family. Show them your creative plate and tell them about some interesting facts you learned today! Try creating a funny plate of food at home.